Re: RARA-AVIS: Little Girl Lost film

From: hardcasecrime (editor@hardcasecrime.com)
Date: 30 Sep 2010

    Thanks for the congratulations! And no, HBO didn't have the rights. Some years ago we entered into an agreement with two producers who had done other work for HBO, to put together a series of direct-to-DVD Hard Case Crime films, and we talked about LITTLE GIRL LOST possibly being one of them - but their acquiring rights to any individual titles (including LITTLE GIRL LOST) was contingent on their successfully raising the funding for the project, and they were never able to do so. After either a year or two (I can't remember), the deal expired and we went our separate ways. So LITTLE GIRL LOST has never actually been optioned before now.

    Charles