Re: RARA-AVIS: The various incarnations of The Long Goodbye

From: Patrick King (abrasax93@yahoo.com)
Date: 23 Sep 2010

    > I don't see that as "stoned surfer boy" stuff. That's hard
    > boiled.

    And who says a stoned surfer boy can't be hard boiled? Kookie,lend me your comb.

    It seemed pretty far fetched to me, and very far afield from Chandler's novel and it's intent. I have no problem with Altman making his own statement. Let him come up with his own private detective and his own title. Don't wrap a bill of good in Raymond Chandler because you know I'll buy it. That makes me a lot less curious about your next picture.

    Patrick King