Re: RARA-AVIS: Motel Noir

From: Joy (jmatkowski1@comcast.net)
Date: 08 Sep 2010

      Williams apparently wrote all sorts of fiction. I was hoping the protagonist in Stain of Suspicion would be a series character, but it doesn't look like it. I ordered A Touch of Death as what seemed to be the closest.
         The nautical crime fiction you also sent, Raymond, was very good, too, but not something I'd want to read more of. I can't make myself believe newlyweds would sail a tiny yacht across the Pacific for a honeymoon.
         And now I'm trying to think of other motel noir: There are the early Bubba Mabrys, which are a delight. And then there's John somebody, who writes on the more literary end of crime fiction; in one of his books, the protagonist returns to North Carolina from New York City and stays in a truly seedy motel.

    Joy