Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Slayground

From: Allan Guthrie (allan@allanguthrie.co.uk)
Date: 31 Aug 2010

    Yes, what you're suggesting is exactly what Westlake did. To reinforce his position, he wouldn't allow the name Parker to be used on screen.

    According to the link below (I can't verify the accuracy of the information), the studios repeatedly bought the Philo Vance character rights from one another to the point where they were 'inextricably tangled'. And the first three William Powell Vance movies have been in a kind of legal limbo for decades. http://www.radioarchives.com/Philo_Vance_Volume_2_p/ra164.htm

    Al

    ----- Original Message ----- From: "docsavage80" <docsavage80@yahoo.com>