Re: RARA-AVIS: Walter Erricson's THE DARKNESS WITHIN (or FALLEN ANGEL)

From: David Wilson (boiledoverbooksn@yahoo.com)
Date: 25 Aug 2010

    Just a quick one here, but Walter Ericson was Howard Fast, wasn't he?

    David Laurence Wilson On the road in Southern CA

    ________________________________ From: Harry Joseph Lerner <harry.joseph.lerner@mail.mcgill.ca> To: "rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com" <rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Wed, August 25, 2010 1:00:30 PM Subject: RARA-AVIS: Walter Erricson's THE DARKNESS WITHIN (or FALLEN ANGEL)

      Hello Everyone,

    I recently picked up an ACE Double Book (D-17) that is comprised of William Campbell Gault's (writing as Roney Scott) first Joe Puma story, SHAKEDOWN, and Walter Ericson's THE DARKNESS WITHIN (originally titled FALLEN ANGEL). I picked it up specifically for the Gault novel, since I know nothing about Walter Ericson or his work. Is THE DARKNESS WITHIN one of Ericson's better books? Is it typical of his stuff? Any other thoughts or comments?

    Thanks in advance!

    Harry