RE: RARA-AVIS: Re: Moratorium on serial murderer mysteries?

From: Mark Sullivan (DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 19 Aug 2010

    I see your point, but I never got the sense he was thinking that globally. I think he saw a problem and, once he set aside morality, came up with a very simple, practical solution that he followed. It's that practicality, that coldness, that lack of any emotion like revenge that I found so disturbing, because it made absolute perfect sense. For instance, I found it far more chilling than the somewhat similar movie A Shock to the System, as there was some sort of personal animosity in many of the movie's murders, but not in The Ax. He did not seek revenge against those who had downsized him, he systematically took out those who stood in his way. In other words, he became the cold system that had downsized him, downsized others preemptively. Ultimately, he wanted nothing more than to return to the system. Now that I think of it, this is the downsizing version of the Flitcraft story.Mark