RE: RARA-AVIS: Noir -- Penzler, Kerry, Brian, Jack and MRT

From: Ron Clinton (clinton65@comcast.net)
Date: 19 Aug 2010

    Not to be argumentative, but does that mean any book that features a female protagonist cannot be considered noir?

    What about Vicki Hendricks' work? What about Megan Abbot's work? Like Christa Faust's MONEY SHOT, most (all?) of the books from these authors (and others, I suspect) feature female protagonists. Does that exclude them from a noir classification?

    Ron C.