RARA-AVIS: Geoffrey Homes - "They Made Me a Killer"

From: Randy Krbechek (randyk@psnw.com)
Date: 19 Aug 2010

    Hi -

    I watched "They Made Me a Killer" last night on my Roku box. Written by Geoffrey Homes, it was decent, not great.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/They_Made_Me_a_Killer

    Here's the real hint. The Roku box costs $69; it streams from your wireless into you TV.

    http://www.roku.com/

    If you have a Netflix account, it can pull down a ton of content at no additional. No monthly charges for the Roku, which, eventually, will start to drive down cable tv costs.

    Then, pay $3.00 (one-time payment) for an annual subscription to Moonlight Movies. This is the link you want to see:

    http://www.flickstream.com/moonlight/

    It has a bunch of 40s and 50s noir and crime films, which you can watch at no charge. That's where I watched "They Made Me a Killer," streamed to my tv thru the Roku. Might sound difficult, but it's really incredibly easy. Plug in the Roku to your tv, point the Roku to your router, and you are off to the races.

    I also started on "D.O.A.", which has a great premise. Man walks into a police station and announces, "I want to report a murder." The cop asks, "Who?" "Me," he replies. "I've been poisoned."

    Am looking forward to "T-Men."

    No, I do not work for any of the foregoing.

    Bye. Randy Krbechek Fresno, CA