Re: RARA-AVIS: Moratorium on serial murderer mysteries?

From: Patrick Kennedy (pbjk2004@yahoo.co.uk)
Date: 16 Aug 2010

    I think the real fault with the Criminal Minds show was its increasing have-your-cake-and-eat-it syndrome, the violent abuse of the victims being graphically, and, I think, gratuitously portrayed with the spurious justification that the detectives could then exact whatever ruthless and almost equally violent punishment on the serial perpetrator in bringing them to justice.

    Patrick

    ________________________________ From: "gsp.schoo@MOT.com" <gsp.schoo@murderoutthere.com> To: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com Sent: Mon, 16 August, 2010 17:42:54 Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: Moratorium on serial murderer mysteries?

      When they became formulaic serial-killer yarns are more about spooks and monsters than noir and/or hardboil. Anyway, when anything becomes a formula it's time to move on. Even babies outgrow formulas.

    Kerry

    ----- Original Message ----- From: jacquesdebierue To: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com Sent: Monday, August 16, 2010 12:05 PM Subject: RARA-AVIS: Moratorium on serial murderer mysteries?

    I am getting fed up with this formula. Something bad happened to somebody, as a consequence of which he is screwed up and becomes a serial murderer... the formula is looking tired to me.

    Any opinions?

    Best,

    mrt