RARA-AVIS: Trying to remember a book I read

From: funkmasterj@runbox.com
Date: 09 Aug 2010

    I read a book a couple of years ago - starts off with a (British) policeman/hit man driving around the back of a parking lot to meet his (hitman) comrades. That is as much as I can remember, and it bugs me... I think this may be from a police procedural recommended to me by Jim Doherty, but can't be sure.