RE: RARA-AVIS: Willeford Books

From: Ron Clinton (clinton65@comcast.net)
Date: 30 Jul 2010

    CUSTARD is probably my least favorite by Willeford. I certainly though can't say enough good things about books like HIGH PRIEST OF CALIFORNIA, COCKFIGHTER, THE WOMAN CHASER, THE PICKUP and, to a slightly lesser extent, THE DIFFERENCE. He has some other good ones, too, of course, but those are the ones that leap immediately to my mind when recommending Willeford. I was never as fond of his Hoke Moseley novels as I was his standalones, but that's typical of me w/ just about every author.

    Ron C.