RARA-AVIS: Re:Willeford Books

From: David Corbett (davidcorbettauthor@gmail.com)
Date: 29 Jul 2010

    The only other writer Willeford ever reminded me of was Harry Crews, and the relationship wasn't stylistic or thematic, but rather based on the simple fact they were so damn iconoclastic. I know Scott Phillips is a huge fan, and Willeford's widow, after reading THE ICE HARVEST, said something to the effect that it felt like he'd been "channeling Chuck," a compliment Scott cherished.

    David Corbett www.davidcorbett.com