RE: RARA-AVIS: Jim Doherty's protest against Kehr's definition

From: Ron Clinton (clinton65@comcast.net)
Date: 26 Jul 2010

    > Kehr's definition in
    > spite of the fact that he is wrong about the urban business, yes those
    things do get
    > rural.

    Indeed. Particularly in the era of vintage pbos. I'm sure more than half of my Gold Medals, et al, are set in some backwoods swamp, or dusty town off-the-beaten-track, and feature country vixens "who can't be tamed" as they, as Kehr says, "use [the protagonist] and toss him away . . . defeated or dead." And they're as noir as noir gets.

    Ron C.