Re: RARA-AVIS: McBain / John D. MacDonald and Ross MacDonald. Also a question for Jim Doherty.

From: Patrick King (abrasax93@yahoo.com)
Date: 25 Jul 2010

    Well, I'm awfully fond of Key To The Suite, Executioners, and The Neon Jungle, for instance.

    I haven't read any of those. I'll try them. I have to say that what I have read of JDM, THE DEEP BLUE GOODBYE, NIGHTMARE IN PINK, THE DREADFUL LEMON SKY, & CAPE FEAR, do not fill me with much hope. But I'm often surprised. I had just written Charles Willeford off as a guy who writes the same tawdry book over and over when I read, recommended on this list, SHARK FILLED CUSTARD. That was both thought provoking and brilliantly executed piece of writing. So I'll give at least one of your recommendations a chance. Thanks for the actual reply to my question.

    Patrick King