RE: RARA-AVIS: Re: Automotive Noir

From: Harry Joseph Lerner (harry.joseph.lerner@mail.mcgill.ca)
Date: 14 Jul 2010

    Wow! Thanks so much to everyone that responded to my request. So many great leads to track down! They are going to keep my busy for quite a while! If anyone thinks of any other examples please let me know.

    Thanks again!

    Best, Harry
    ________________________________________ From: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com [rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of David Wilson [boiledoverbooksn@yahoo.com] Sent: July 14, 2010 2:27 PM To: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com Subject: RARA-AVIS: Re: Automotive Noir

    Not noir, at least among the novels I've read, but mention must be given to William Campbell Gault's wonderful stories about cars and racing. Gault wrote plenty for the sports pulps and plenty of young adult novels and you really shouldn't let these categorizations keep you away from some of his best work. A pleasure.

    David Laurence Wilson

    <*> Your email settings:
        Individual Email | Traditional

    <*> To change settings online go to: