RARA-AVIS: Anyone see THE GLADES last night?

From: Frederick Zackel (fzackel@wcnet.org)
Date: 14 Jul 2010

    The Glades was bizzarely written and goofily edited, with fits and stops and starts .... and I don't know why since that first episode was ONLY 53 minutes long -- with commercials. The show's story line was bad, too, filled with failed juxtapositions and inanities and preposterous poop ....

    But much much much worse was Monday nite's TNT's Rizzoli & Isles, which was so bad that my wife stopped (BIG YAWN) with the prison visit. She knew the actor who'd play the serial killer before he appeared on screen. (I saw him a week ago in the exact same role on another show.) I watched Rizzoli & Isles on the other TV because I couldn't believe that the producers took and combined the plot for last night from TWO separate Tess Gerritson's novels. TWO NOVELS and it was a poorly executed rehash. Boy, that show was a vapid piece of bilious poop. And the ending? Hogwash. Stoopid stoopid stoopid. I too enjoy JUSTIFIED, IN PLAIN SIGHT, BURN NOTICE ... and THE CLOSER.

    (Say, Kevin, I'm reading SO COLD THE RIVER by Michael Koryta because of your recommendation. I had the ARC for two months but was too lazy to jumpstart it. Now I'm halfway through and already it's a great book. I'd read his first or maybe second one and loved it. Now he's moving supernaturally ... and it's the same fun as a young Stephen King. The next two ARCs on my TBR pile? SAVAGES and THE DAWN PATROL.)

    Fred Zackel

    Today's new word: "neophilia" or the insatiable hunger for the new that is one of the terrible afflictions of contemporary society.

    <*> Your email settings:
        Individual Email | Traditional

    <*> To change settings online go to:
        (Yahoo! ID required)