RARA-AVIS: Re: Where have you gone Rara-Avis

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 13 Jul 2010

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "brother_t" <foolesgold@...> wrote:

    > Just my two cents, but the list started winking out when the prohibition went up against movie postings. I know that this list is focused on noir and hard-boiled literature, but it seemed to lose a lot of its momentum when the edict went out.
    >
    > With that being said, May and June are historically the slowest months of the year. Maybe I'm just full of shit.
    >
    > Back to lurking...
    >
    > Terry

    To my knowledge, there was no prohibition about movie postings... as long as they're related to hardboiled and noir. Plenty of relevant material there, and there have been in fact many discussions, both of film and TV series.

    In any case, let me make it clear that there no such prohibition in effect now.

    Kiss Me Deadly, anyone? Just saw it again recently... what a startlingly good film!

    Best,

    mrt