RARA-AVIS: Don Winslow

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 13 Jul 2010

    I responded to a post about him earlier today. (or yesterday, depending on your time zone)

    really, in addition to his vivid characters and tight plotting, there is no better prose stylist working the genre EVER

    only Winslow could even conceive of writing the following sentence:

                                                      Is is is.

    and in the context in which it is written, not only is it coherent, it is profound

    John Lau

      Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. John Wooden

    -----Original Message----- From: Walker <wamartin2@verizon.net> To: rara-avis-l <rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Mon, Jul 12, 2010 5:13 pm Subject: RARA-AVIS: Goodis novel OF TENDER SIN

    -----Check out www.mysteryfile.com/blog/ for a favorable review OF TENDER SIN by Goodis.

    -----Walker Martin