Re: RARA-AVIS: minor chandler trivia

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 28 Jun 2010

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Karin Montin <kmontin@...> wrote:

    > Very interesting, and great news for those of us who have trouble
    > deciding between ABC and chronological order.

    I have such a backlog of stuff that I have adopted a very different method: the read stuff goes into boxes and is replaced by unread stuff coming out of boxes! Unbelievably, I still have a bunch of unread paperbacks by John D. MacDonald, ten or fifteen of them. Or maybe I did read them a long time ago... with such a prolific writer, I can't keep it straight.

    I have also been using libraries a fair amount. It's a nice way to find stuff that I would not necessarily seek, knowing nothing about the author or not being aware of an author's whole production (most recently, the case of Eric Ambler).

    Best,

    mrt