RARA-AVIS: Re: Article at NYTimes.com about a new demand for Scandinavian Noir

From: Duane Spurlock (duane1spur@yahoo.com)
Date: 17 Jun 2010

    "Craig Clarke" craigsbookclub@yahoo.com craigsbookclub wrote:

    <<
    >http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/16/books/16noir.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

    I'm not surprised.  I haven't read the Larsson books, but I read a terrific Finnish noir earlier this year: Snow Angels by James Thompson.

    http://somebodydies.blogspot.com/2010/01/snow-angels-by-james-thompson-inspector.html

      SNOW ANGELS actually surprised me a bit. I found it nicely written in an understated style that captured the winter ennui of the characters. Nice transferrence of the writer's culture shock to the female character.  I admit I picked this up initially for curiosity's sake -- the author is a Kentuckian living in Finland -- and came away pleased with the storytelling.

    - Duane Spurlock www.pulprack.com