RARA-AVIS: Recent Acquistions

From: Jeff Vorzimmer (jvorzimmer@austin.rr.com)
Date: 02 Jun 2010

    Spent the long weekend in Galveston with the family and it was slim pickins at my favorite used Bookshop there, but I did get one Gold Medal paperback called The Limbo Touch by one Jack Weeks. Anyone read it? Also got a couple of Erskine Caldwell paperbacks--God's Little Acre and Gretta, the latter of which has a great cover.

    On eBay I finally got a copy of George Hale's Spider in the Cup. I've had it as a saved search for years and it's never come up and I've never seen it in a used bookstore. It's obviously very rare. I'll have to read it and see if it was worth the years of searching. Anyone read ever read this?

    Bad storm here right now gotta send this before I lose power . . .

    Jeff