RARA-AVIS: Re: Gil Brewer

From: New Pulp Press (bassoffj@gmail.com)
Date: 02 Jun 2010

    Obviously a lot of Brewer enthusiasts out there. Jim Thompson famously prophesied to his wife that he'd be famous 10 years after his death; it looks like it took Gil a little bit longer (he died in 1983). Here at New Pulp Press we've been working closely with the Brewer estate and will be releasing our second Brewer title, THE RED SCARF, in September. I had a few other titles I was really enthusiastic about, but we finally decided that THE RED SCARF was an important crime paperback to get back into print. This is Brewer at his most focused and if you haven't read him it's a good place to start. I'm also proud to say we snagged Richie Fahey to do the cover art (Richie has done the cover art for the Megan Abbott books among others). We're hoping to get a couple more Brewer's back into print, but we'll have to wait and see.

    Jon Bassoff New Pulp Press