RARA-AVIS: Re:Jim Nisbet

From: David Corbett (davidcorbettauthor@gmail.com)
Date: 21 May 2010

    Caveat: Jim's a friend. So take what I say accordingly. But he's one of the smartest, funniest cats I know, and he writes his books uncompromisingly with no concern for mainstream publishing. He was the guy who turned me on to Jean-Patrick Manchette and Derek Raymond, and I'd say his books remind me of Raymond and Jim Thompson but they're utterly unique. One of the most original writers you'll ever read. But if you're looking for Mike Connelly or Lee Child, Jim ain't it. And he's proud of it. And he should be.

    David Corbett www.davidcorbett.com