Re: RARA-AVIS: Jim Nisbet

From: J.C. Hocking (jchocking@yahoo.com)
Date: 21 May 2010

    I don't know if I'd call Lethal Injection a masterpiece, but it could be seen as one of the first of today's wave of "neo-noir" novels, and I think it was Black Lizard's first hardcover.  It's dark,intense, and very readable.

    John

    ________________________________ From: grbc74 <gbaeza@gmail.com> To: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com Sent: Fri, May 21, 2010 1:09:22 AM Subject: RARA-AVIS: Jim Nisbet

      Has anyone read or bought either of the two Jim Nisbet novels recently released by the Overlook Press? One is a new title (Windward Passage) while the other is a reprint of an old novel (Lethal Injection) that authors like James Ellroy have described as a noir masterpiece.

    I've seen both at Borders and B&N. Considering Nisbet has been published by both the original Black Lizard line and Dennis McMillan, I'm thinking of giving him a try. I'm surprised that they haven't been reviewed or even mentioned by most mystery blogs and online magazines.

    -Gonzalo.