Re: RARA-AVIS: Winslow's California Fire and Life

From: cptpipes2000 (cptpipes@hotmail.com)
Date: 19 May 2010

    Winslow is one of my favorites. In a just world, Power of the Dog would have received similar acclaim as American Tabloid. It is really, really good.

    I do remember picking up The Winter of Frankie Machine a mere year later and assuming it would be a minor work in comparison. I was wrong.

    And then came The Dawn Patrol. Such a great detective novel.

    That's all I have for now.

    best, Chris