Re: RARA-AVIS: Dirda on Nightmare Alley

From: WALKER MARTIN (wamartin2@verizon.net)
Date: 14 May 2010

    --------Thanks for the link to Dirda's review of Nightmare Alley. I first read this excellent, noirish novel in 1970 and recently reread it. It held up to the second reading and in fact I enjoyed it even more and gave it an even higher rating than when I first read it 40 years ago.  By the way, the movie version is very good and a classic of film noir but it's not on the same level as the novel.  I'll be watching it again tomorrow, saturday. It's on the Fox Movie Channel at 9:00 am and will be repeated in June.  Also available on the Fox film noir dvd.

    ------Walker Martin.