RARA-AVIS: Query for the Choir: Ed McBain, John D. MacDonald, Lawrence Block

From: Jack Bludis (buildsnburns@yahoo.com)
Date: 11 May 2010

    For me, most of McBain and John D. are interchangeable, almost everything is good.

    Block is up and down for me, although I prefer Scudder over his other books and really don't like Bernie. Among the three writers, though, there is no better book for me than "When the Sacred Gin Mill Closes." That's one that stuck with me when it was a short story and glued me in when I read the novel.

    Jack Bludis

    "Dead Brunettes Can't Testify" by Jack Burns @ Amazon Kindle