Re: RARA-AVIS: Peter O'Donnell

From: Patrick King (abrasax93@yahoo.com)
Date: 09 May 2010

    Actually his passing was noted on another group I am a member of, but one dedicated to comic strip art rather than crime fiction.  I actually read and enjoyed a couple of his Modesty Blaise books and agree that the movie based on his character did neither O'Donnell nor her any service: lots of camp 'Sixties visuals and inconsequentiality and nothing of the source material's action adventure intent.  The actress who played her was gorgeous, though, I note in perhaps totally irrelevant passing...

    Patrick

    That film also starred Terence Stamp as Willie Garvin.

    Patrick King