RARA-AVIS: Re: Used Books and ethics

From: davezeltserman (Dave.Zeltserman@gmail.com)
Date: 05 May 2010

    some reviewers are becoming more brazen about selling ARCs (wouldn't so much mind if they reviewed the damn book first!), and with all the giveaways publishers do, I'm standing by that 5% number, at least for the lowly noir writers like myself. Not that it much matters. Anything that gets readers reading us is good. Besides, if you write noir (real noir, not the noir-lite stuff), the reality is you're not going to make much money on US royalties--if you're going to make money it's going to be with film deals and/or foreign rights deals with countries where readers actually read and respect this genre.

    --Dave