Re: RARA-AVIS: Good one, Dave

From: Patrick Kennedy (pbjk2004@yahoo.co.uk)
Date: 04 May 2010

    Much as I enjoy John D. McDonald's books, I still remain a pretty much unrepentant member of the "giz a lend o' that when you're finished with it, will ya?" school.

    Patrick

    ________________________________ From: Terry Sanford <mbtbone@yahoo.com> To: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com Sent: Tue, 4 May, 2010 19:28:16 Subject: RARA-AVIS: Good one, Dave

      Dave's comment reminded me of an old story. John D. McDonald, while traveling, wandered into a used book store and supposedly was appalled at all his books for sale there that wouldn't generate a penny of royalties to him. It is said that he grabbed a copy of one of his novels and wrote on the inside cover, "The last owner of this book had a terrible, contagious disease."Terry Sanford