Re: RARA-AVIS: Gertrude Stein on Dashiell Hammett

From: Michael S. Chong (menglish47@yahoo.com)
Date: 29 Apr 2010

    Sorry, to clarify, a big discussion on Rara Avis (over a decade ago iirc) was who came first: Hemingway or Hammett.

    Gertrude Stein is sometimes seen as a strong influence on Hemingway (along with Sherwood Anderson and Ring Lardner).  That they both read Hammett is interesting to me and perhaps a list devoted to HB.

    And doesn't everybody read J.K. Rowling except me?