RARA-AVIS: Wall Street Noir

From: Jeff Vorzimmer (jvorzimmer@austin.rr.com)
Date: 25 Apr 2010

    It's amazing where you find noir these days. I just started reading Michael Lewis' The Big Short about the current financial crisis, which is currently at the top of the non-fiction bestseller list. It definitely is noir. Whether crime was involved I guess remains to be seen, but I believe the government brought a civil suit against Goldman Sachs rather than a criminal case.

    Has there ever been a crime novel written that ended with a civil suit instead of a criminal case? Anyway it's good reading and it certainly would make a great backdrop for a crime novel. This would be just the novel for someone like Jason Starr to write.

    Jeff