RARA-AVIS: Possible David Goodis authored "Captain Combat" Novels Reprinted

From: craigcreative (craigcreative@att.net)
Date: 22 Apr 2010

    I just received my copy of the "The Complete Captain Combat" by Barry Barton & published by Age of Aces books.

    This pulp reprint collection contains the complete novels of the Captain Combat series that ran bi-monthly from March to August 1940.

    I was surprised to read in the editor's afterward that he believes that the second two novels, "Red Wings of the Blood Battalion" and "Low Ceiling for Nazi Hell Hawks," to be written by David Goodis (who wrote back up air combat stories for Popular Publications at the time).

    Goodis or not, this is a nice, affordable collection for pulp fans.

    http://www.ageofaces.net/our-books/the-complete-captain-combat
    <http://www.ageofaces.net/our-books/the-complete-captain-combat>