RE: RARA-AVIS: Westlake's Memory

From: Mark Sullivan (DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 15 Apr 2010

    Yes, I've seen that, but "final unpublished" does not necessarily mean "last written." And though I've only read two chapters, it seems to be very much in his early style, as well as clearly being set decades ago. Mark

    > To: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com
    > From: jon.bravard@gmail.com
    > Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 16:36:38 -0400
    > Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: Westlake's Memory
    >
    > From the Hardcase Crime website
    >
    > Jon
    >
    > http://www.hardcasecrime.com/books_bios.cgi?title=Memory
    >
    > THE CRIME WAS OVER IN A MINUTE—
    > THE CONSQUENCES LASTED A LIFETIME
    >
    > Hospitalized after a liaison with another man’s wife ends in violence, Paul
    > Cole has just one goal: to rebuild his shattered life. But with his memory
    > damaged, the police hounding him, and no way even to get home, Paul’s facing
    > steep odds—and a bleak fate if he fails...
    >
    > This final, never-before-published novel by three-time Edgar Award winner
    > Donald E. Westlake is a noir masterpiece, a dark and painful portrait of a
    > man’s struggle against merciless forces that threaten to strip him of his
    > very identity.
    >

    > - First publication ever!
    > - This is the final unpublished novel by best-selling novelist Donald
    > Westlake, who died on January 1, 2009
    > - Westlake was nominated for an Academy Award for the screenplay of "The
    > Grifters," and was named a Grandmaster by the Mystery Writers of America,
    > the organization’s highest honor

    <*> Your email settings:
        Individual Email | Traditional

    <*> To change settings online go to: