RARA-AVIS: Noir for the Classroom II

From: dj anderson (anderd72@yahoo.com)
Date: 14 Mar 2010

    Thanks for all the great suggestions. I've compiled the list and I'm going to try to read the ones I am unfamiliar with over the summer break.

    Based on the conversation, I just ordered 60 copies of THE LIBRARY OF AMERICA's CRIME NOVELS: AMERICAN NOIR of the 1930's and 1940s. It seemed the most utilitarian way to do it, that way I can use it in multiple classes.

    I'm still open to suggestions.

    By the way, we DO teach almost all of those Shakespeare plays at one point or another in our curriculum, and the Hemingway conversation was brought up in one of our staff meetings!

    Thanks again!

    Derek