Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Radio

From: Joe Coluccio (jcoluccio@seco-pgh.com)
Date: 12 Mar 2010

    It is a shame that Gunsmoke became the pale imitation TV series. William Conrad's gravelly voice as Matt Dillon is perfect. I suppose I can understand why he didn't translate to the small screen. Although a short stocky bristled Dillon may have worked just fine. The stories are as hard and dark and satisfying as any noir that I have read or seen.

    I have the same problem. I can get few to listen.

    The Gerald Mohr Raymond Chandler programs are worthwhile as well.

    Joe

    Joe Coluccio Service Equipment Company, Inc. jcoluccio@seco-pgh.com 10 Ben Avon Heights Road PO Box 4180 Pittsburgh, PA 15202 412.766.6085 FAX: 412.766.7017 CELL: 412.287.0896