Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Radio

From: J.C. Hocking (jchocking@yahoo.com)
Date: 12 Mar 2010

    For a while there I became somewhat obsessed with the radio Gunsmoke.  It really is excellent-- tough stories, deep atmosphere, fine acting and characters that really come alive. The hardest thing about it was trying to get my friends to believe that an old western radio show was worth listening to.

    John

    ________________________________ From: James Michael Rogers <jeddak5@cox.net> To: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com Sent: Fri, March 12, 2010 11:41:14 AM Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Radio

      Alfred Bester did a lot of radio work. Quite a few of the late Shadow shows and, I think, Inner Sanctum were done by him. The radio Gunsmoke was consciously modeled off of the Continental Op.....very hardboiled scripts.

    James

    ----- Original Message ----- From: davezeltserman To: rara-avis-l@ yahoogroups. com Sent: Friday, March 12, 2010 09:58 Subject: RARA-AVIS: Re: Radio

    Bill, any idea who used to write for these? Any familiar names?

    When I was in high school I used to listen to a station that was rebroadcasting them, as well as the old Jack Benny show. This is the best argument I've heard yet for satellite radio.

    --Dave