RE: RARA-AVIS: Radio

From: Harry Joseph Lerner (harry.joseph.lerner@mail.mcgill.ca)
Date: 12 Mar 2010

    One of my favorite radio shows is The Many Lives of Harry Lime. I'm sure it has been mentioned on this list before, but it warrants mentioning again. Although not as dark as the movie, it did retain a healthy dose of cynicism and opportunism, and not just on the part of Harry Lime.

    You can download MP3s of Harry Lime and many other radio shows from archive.org in case anyone who is interested.

    Harry
    ________________________________________ From: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com [rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Bill Crider [macavityabc@gmail.com] Sent: March 12, 2010 10:38 AM To: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com Subject: RARA-AVIS: Radio

    Speaking of things noir, the radio shows of the late '40s and early '50s were very dark stuff, indeed. Shows like "The Whistler" and "Suspense" and
    "Inner Sanctum" and many others had plenty of doomed protagonists whom nobody could love, and most of them met bad ends. I've been listening to a lot of these old shows on satellite radio. If you did a series like any of these shows today, it would have to be on cable. Is cable the Gold Medal of television?

    Bill Crider

    <*> Your email settings:
        Individual Email | Traditional

    <*> To change settings online go to: