RARA-AVIS: Re: Small Crimes

From: rrandisi@sbcglobal.net
Date: 10 Mar 2010

    "Dark" fiction scares the little wet behind the ear girl editors at NY houses these days. My sig-other, Christine Matthews, tried to sell a book to a couple of them, about the aftermath of child abduction and the effect it has on two fathers, and one editor said it was "too sad." Ever heard of Mystic River? And I'm not prejudiced against female editors. Some males have turned it down, also, as being "too dark." Very frustrating. She feels if it were written by a man there wouldn't be a problem.

    RJR