RARA-AVIS: A Memoir of a Friendship

From: Jack Bludis (buildsnburns@yahoo.com)
Date: 04 Mar 2010

    Of course as a card-carrying member of PWA, I read Jeremiah Healy's tribute to "Bob" Parker--actually I never thought of him as a Bob--but I think Jim Doherty deserved kudos for bringing it to the attention of if not a wider audience, certainly many who did not have access to it.

    And thanks to Jerry for writing it as well. Jerry is always helpful.

    Jim is getting to be a resident professor of sorts ... which does not mean that I agree with his definitions of "Noir" and "Hard Boiled" or ... eh, let's let it go at that.

    Jack Bludis, a B student with C student tastes.

    http://crimespace.ning.com/profile/JackBludis