Re: RARA-AVIS: Parker's Procedurals, Westerns, and Their Film Adaptations

From: sandra seamans (sandraseamans@yahoo.com)
Date: 01 Mar 2010

    I read the first two or three Sunny Randall books, but finally gave up on them because they felt rather like Spencer in drag.  All the tropes from the Spencer books were there right down to the same group of bad guys.  I love the Spencer books, so I wasn't inclined to reread them from a female point of view.
      The Jesse Stone novels were just different enough to keep me reading through the series, though, and I've grown to love Jesse as much as Spencer.  I'm going to miss Mr. Parker's books, new ones that is, as they're very much like comfort food when you just want an enjoyable easy read.
      Sandra