Re: RARA-AVIS: Parker's Procedurals, Westerns, and Their Film Adaptations

From: Michael Jeter (michael.damian.jeter@gmail.com)
Date: 28 Feb 2010

For myself, the owner announced he wanted to devote February to Parker, I wrote a remembrance of Dr. Parker the night he died, and withing a half hour of my writing, people were taking shots at him.

I said how much I enjoyed his work, and the owner of the list responded with how much he did not like Dr. Parker´s work. In my remembrance, I mentioned the numerous holes in Parker´s work, and yet, people felt the need to begin discussing and dwelling on those holes.

Given that the man had not even been buried, and people began to take shots, I decided against initiating a discussion of his work, since it would seem to do nothing more than provide an opportunity for for people to tear the man apart.

I enjoy what he did, and I find much of his work valuable. Many don´t, and thatś fine with me, but if people could not help but attack the guy the day he died, I cannot imagine a discussion would prove fruitful.

--
Michael Damian Jeter
New Orleans, LA