RARA-AVIS: Re: the getaway/jim thompson

From: davezeltserman (Dave.Zeltserman@gmail.com)
Date: 17 Feb 2010

    Sonny, you should check out Fireworks: Lost Writings of Jim Thompson. It has the novella, This World, then the Fireworks, which is one of Thompson's most psychotic works as one of one of his most interesting ones, and it also contains a collection of his short stories, some of which are excellent. One of them "Forever After" is maybe 2000 words, but I think it is about as perfect a crime short story as you can find. What he accomplishes in those short number of pages is remarkable.

    Dave