RE: RARA-AVIS: James Ellroy

From: Mark Sullivan (DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 26 Jan 2010

    Ellroy: I started from the beginning. Really liked the Lloyd Hopkins books, but I have to admit he really hit his stride with the LA Quartet. However, I burned out on him shortly after that. Vachss: I read the first Burke and found it pretty inflated and ridiculous, but I've liked the standalones I've read. Shella is an amazing book. The Getaway Man was good. I also liked his short story collections, and I'm not much of a short story guy. I see he's got a relatively new standalone I was aware of, Haiku. Anyone read it? Any good? Mark