Re: RARA-AVIS: They won't have Parker to kick around anymore...

From: Patrick King (abrasax93@yahoo.com)
Date: 23 Jan 2010

    At her best nobody is more genuinely chilling than Rendell. Her book LIVE FLESH gave me nightmares for a solid month. Stephen King has nothing on her.

    At his best, McBain sometimes was her equal. But consistently, hands down, Ruth Rendell is the scariest crime writer I've read so far. Stephen King deals in too much superstition. Rendell writes about things that really happen and she makes the reader understand how they do happen. Cornwall and James, even Highsmith pales beside her. None of them are in her class.

    Patrick King