RE: RARA-AVIS: recent reads

From: Mark Sullivan (DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 21 Jan 2010

    Sonny, What have you read by Willeford? Just the Hoke Moseleys? They are very different from the rest of his output. Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed them, and at least the first, Miami Blues, "blew me away," but most of his others are from the sociopath's POV, not the lawman's (not that Hoke doesn't have his sociopathic moments, especially if you've read Grimhaven). Have you read any of those? If not, I highly recommend Burnt Orange Heresy, with Cockfighter close behind (not really a crime novel, other than cockfighting being illegal in some fo the places where the fights are held). Mark