Re: RARA-AVIS: They won't have Parker to kick around anymore...

From: Laurent Lehmann (lehmann.laurent@gmail.com)
Date: 20 Jan 2010

    On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 10:42 PM, Kevin Burton Smith
    <kvnsmith@thrillingdetective.com> wrote:

    > Damn.
    >
    > Robert B. Parker just died. Supposedly while writing at his desk. He was 78.

    Damn. When I fell in love with the P.I. genre in the early '80s, Bill Pronzini and Robert B. Parker were my heroes among contemporary writers. Although I dropped Parker after _A Catskills Eagle_, I still have a soft spot for the early Spenser novels.

    Personal favorites are _Looking for Rachel Wallace_, _Early Autumn_,
    _Ceremony_. Hell, I could probably list the first eleven novels. I'll be interested in seeing which more recent novels come up in this discussion.

    --
    Laurent
    http://www.last.fm/user/llehmann/