Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: They won't have Parker to kick around anymore...

From: Joy Matkowski (jmatkowski1@comcast.net)
Date: 19 Jan 2010

    Parker's books were OK, except for that horrible Susan. Why do the men on this list accept Susan as a wonderful love interest yet Debbi and I don't? And Debbi, I've just read Identity Crisis and enjoyed it a lot. Having a solo lawyer as protagonist is a good balance between PI and amateur, and I don't recall anyone but Pelecanos utilizing suburban Maryland for a setting.

    Joy