RARA-AVIS: Re: They won't have Parker to kick around anymore...

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 19 Jan 2010

    Kevin, little controversies are an American pastime, but here we have a real writer and we will have a real discussion. Controversies are worthless. You pit A against B where there is no possible synthesis, so it's just an excuse for defenders of A and of B to talk to themselves.

    What, in your view, are the merits of Robert B. Parker's work? That would be a good start. Commercial success is not really something to discuss, I would say. It's a fact in the case of Parker.

    What attracted me to Parker's work initially was the broad spectrum of subjects he treated, societal questions, treated with intelligence and humanity.

    Best,

    mrt