RARA-AVIS: Re: Westlake 's Short Fiction & Eurographica

From: Douglas G. (crippenlandru@earthlink.net)
Date: 12 Jan 2010

    Around 1986, Eurographica {Finland} published 19 books in its "Mystery and Spy Authors in Signed Limited Editions." The limitation was 350 copies; they are bound in stiff paper with plain, typographical dust jackets Seventeen of them are short-story collections, generally 3-4 stories to a volume. Most of the books, however, contain no previously uncollected tales. I have 5 or 6 of them but not Westlake's HORSELAUGH, though I suspect that the title story had not previously been collected.

    The most interesting -- certainly to collectors -- is Eric Ambler's first short story collection, THE ARMY OF SHADOWS.

    Doug G.